Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa
Tacos are fun because there are so many different variations! Shrimp tacos with avocado corn salsa are something new and exciting to try for dinner, and make great leftovers! Plus, who doesn’t love avocados?!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe
Total Prep Time: 30-45 minutes Makes: 5-7 servings
Shrimp Tacos Ingredients
- 20 wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon organic chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Squeeze of fresh lime
Avocado Corn Salsa Ingredients
- 1 organic tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 organic avocado, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 organic jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely and packed looseley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa Directions:
- In medium bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt or pink Himalayan salt. Add shrimp and toss until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one day.
- Heat pan on high heat for 2 minutes, then add oil and shrimp.
- Cook shrimp over medium-high heat until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Finish with squeeze of lime juice.
- For the salsa, combine avocado, jalapeno, corn, tomato, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro in small bowl.
- Place 3 shrimp on your favorite gluten-free tortillas (Siete, a grain-free brand, is good!) and top with avocado salsa.
- Enjoy with lime wedges on the side!