Christy’s Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Holiday season is full of tasty treats, but you don’t want to wreck your health for them! We’re here to help you enjoy a better version of a classic… with Christy’s vegan pumpkin pie!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Christy’s Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Total Prep Time: 70-80 min Makes: 1 pie
- 1 3/4 cups fresh pumpkin or 1 – 14 oz can of organic pumpkin
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (I take all the coconut cream and then enough for the liquid in the can to make it the 3/4 cup – ends up way creamier)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, cold
- 6 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening
- 9 tablespoons cold water
Pie Crust Directions:
- Whisk dry ingredients, then cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Add half the water and work with your hands, and add rest of water.
- Press and squish dough until combined.
- Split dough into 2 big pieces, and compress to about 4″ discs.
- Wrap each with plastic and store in fridge for 1 hour to 3 days.
- Store in freezer for up to 6 months.
Christy’s Vegan Pumpkin Pie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients (except crust) until well-combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture onto 9″ pie crust.
- Bake for 60 minutes. (The edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will look a bit wobbly – that’s perfect!)
- Let cool, then chill in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, if you can wait that long!
- Enjoy with whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
*Pumpkin pie spice – (all organic spices) combine 3 tablespoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger, 2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cloves.