Healthy Cranberry Orange Sauce
Have you read the ingredients on the back of that canned cranberry juice that is on sale right before Thanksgiving? You know the one that plops out of the can and gets prime real estate next to the turkey? It most likely has high fructose corn syrup which is a horrible form of sugar.
This cranberry sauce recipe uses xylitol instead with maple syrup. Try this healthy cranberry sauce. Once you see how easy and tasty it is to make your own, you won’t go back. You are really are going to love our homemade cranberry sauce recipe.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Healthy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes Makes: 6-8 servings
Cranberry Orange Sauce Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of organic orange juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup birch xylitol
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (you can leave out maple syrup and add more xylitol)
- 4 cups organic cranberries, rinsed
- 1 organic orange
- Optional – top with toasted organic pecans
Cranberry Orange Sauce Directions:
- In medium saucepan bring orange juice, water, xylitol, and maple syrup to boil. Stir to dissolve xylitol.
- Add cranberries and return to boil. Simmer until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Remove from heat.
- Peel orange and remove membrane. Chop orange into bite size pieces. Mix into sauce.
- Allow to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Top with optional toasted pecans.