Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
Cold weather and snow days call for what? Baking! Try this delicious recipe for gluten-free cinnamon swirl coffee cake! We can see your mouth watering from here.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
Total Prep Time: 60-70 min Makes: 5-8 servings
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups gluten-free flour*
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 2 duck eggs
- 2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic butter (or butter alternative like Melt), melted
- 1 cup butter (or butter alternative)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 cups powdered xylitol
- 3-5 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum if needed, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, dairy-free milk, duck eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in melted butter. The mixture will be thick and sticky!
- In a medium bowl cream butter, coconut sugar, flour and cinnamon with a mixer.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the cake batter.
- Swirl butter mixture into the batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Make sure center is done by checking a toothpick!
- Whisk together powdered xylitol, milk and vanilla. Pour over the warm cake. Start with 1 cup powdered xylitol and add a few tablespoons of milk. You can always make more!
*Pay attention to the gluten-free flour blend you use. If it already has xanthan gum (like Better Batter), you don’t need to add any. If your blend does not, you will need to add 1 1/2 teaspoon to this recipe.