Dairy-Free Chicken Alfredo and Black Rice
Chicken Alfredo is so good and this dairy-free version is even better served over black rice. All of the creaminess without the guilt.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Dairy-Free Chicken Alfredo and Black Rice Recipe
Total Prep Time: 35-40 minutes Makes: 4 servings
Chicken Alfredo and Black Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 2 teaspoons zesty ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3-4 cups of flax milk, coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of basil leaves
- 1 cup of black rice
- 3 organic chicken breasts, cubed
Chicken Alfredo and Black Rice Directions:
- Bring 2 cups of water, salt, pepper and a pinch of basil to boil in medium-sized sauce pan
- Add black rice and simmer for 20 minutes
- In medium-sized frying pan heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Saute garlic and chicken until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- In food processor, combine cashews, ground mustard, onion powder, non-dairy milk, and 1 large garlic clove. Bring contents to consistency of pancake batter.
- Pour mixture into small saucepan to warm before serving. Constantly stir to avoid burning and clumping.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of black rice. Top with herbs.