Cacao has so many benefits! Indulge in this superfood with this yummy chocolate bark! You’re sure to fall in love with this recipe… after all, raw cacao is a great source of the “feel good” and “love” chemicals!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Cacao Bark Recipe
Total Prep Time: 15-20 minutes Makes: 8-10 servings
Cacao Bark Ingredients
- 3/4 cup organic cacao butter
- 1 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tablespoons organic maple syrup (depending on your level of desired sweetness)*
- 2 tablespoons raw organic almond butter
- dash of organic cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic pistachios, crushed
- 1/4-1/3 cup organic goji berries
Cacao Bark Directions:
- Line baking dish or tray with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Melt cacao butter over low heat in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in maple syrup, cinnamon, and almond butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add in cacao powder. Whisk until smooth. Stir in sea salt and half of the pistachios and goji berries.
- Transfer to lined baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible/to desired thickness.
- Top with remaining pistachios and goji berries, then transfer to freezer. Once mixture has completely hardened (1-2 hours), break apart into bite-size pieces and transfer to covered container. Store in freezer and enjoy whenever you are in the mood for chocolate!
*Note on maple syrup: You can use whichever sweetener you prefer. You can swap maple syrup for xylitol. (Pulse 3 tablespoons of xylitol in a coffee grinder and add in. Granules don’t completely melt, but pulsing cuts down on the “grainy” texture of xylitol.)
Contributed by The Wellness Way – Flathead Valley in Kalispell, MT.