Bacon and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
It’s got bacon! This tasty dish also has healthy sweet potatoes and eggs. You are going to love this egg bake recipe. Don’t worry if you have an egg allergy, you can swap out for duck eggs.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Bacon & Sweet Potato Egg Bake Recipe
Total Time: 90 minutes Makes: 7-8 servings
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes (washed and sliced 1/2 inch think)
- 8 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium organic onion
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1/8 cup water
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In large pan over medium- high heat, cook the bacon, adding diced onion after 5 minutes.
- Continue to cook until bacon is done and onion is caramelized.
- Put onions and bacon aside on plate with paper towel (to soak up some grease).
- Return pan to heat. In multiple batches, lay slices of sweet potato into pan to brown. Flip and brown other side.
- Cover the base of casserole dish with sweet potato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Using half of mixture, add layer of bacon and onion mixture.
- Beat eggs and water with fork or whisk until well combined.
- Gently pour the mixture over over the ingredients in baking dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until the top is golden brown and egg mixture has set.
- Remove from oven then set aside for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve and enjoy!