Sweet Potato Chili
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are we can help! Call your nearest Wellness Way Clinic for more information and to get tested.
Total Time: 5-6 hours Makes: 8 servings
– 2 sweet potatoes, diced
– 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced stewed tomatoes with chili seasonings
– 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
– 1 cup diced sweet onion
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 tablespoons organic chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 pound grass fed ground beef
– 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup organic corn
– Small scoop of organic virgin coconut oil
1. Place sweet potatoes, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sweet onion, celery, water, and all the spices in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat and add ground beef.
4. Cook and stir until meat is crumbly and no pink is showing.
5. Drain any excess grease.
6. Add cooked ground beef, drained and rinsed black beans, and corn to slow cooker.
7. Cook until flavors have blended for another 30-45 minutes and serve warm!