Grain Free Zucchini Muffins
Frosted, these make a delightful dessert, or skip the frosting and enjoy as a breakfast treat! Either way these muffins are a great way to eat those veggies!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are we can help – call your nearest Wellness Way Clinic for more information and to get tested.
Total Time: 45-55 minutes Makes: 1 dozen regular muffins
– 1 1/2 cups almond flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 3 free range organic eggs
– 1 ripe banana
– 1/4 cup raw honey
– 1 cup shredded zucchini
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
– 3/4 cup organic palm shortening
– 1/2 cup coconut cream (from 13.5 oz can refrigerated over night)
– 1/2 cup raw honey (melted if solid)
– 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffins pan or use muffin liners (works best).
2. Shred zucchini and press between paper towels until excess moisture is removed.
3. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
4. Beat the eggs, then add the honey and banana and beat on medium for about 1 minute, until frothy.
5. Add the zucchini and mix until combined.
6. With mixer running, slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
7. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
8. Regular muffins bake for 30-35 minutes and mini muffins for 20-25 minutes or until browned on top, middle is set, and toothpick comes out clean.
Vanilla Frosting Directions:
1. Scoop off the 1/2 cup of coconut solids that have risen to the top of the can.
2. Beat the coconut solids and palm shortening until thick.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until completely combined. Refrigerate for at least a half hour and then re-mix to make fluffy.