Gluten Free Strawberry Waffles
Try this gluten free waffles recipe! These crisp, light waffles are sure to please your hungry crowd — they’ll never even miss the gluten!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are we can help – call your nearest Wellness Way Clinic for more information and to get tested.
Total Time: 20-25 minutes Makes: 4 servings
Gluten Free Waffle Ingredients
– 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
– 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
– 2 organic duck eggs
– 1 cup almond, hemp, coconut, or rice milk
– Pinch cinnamon
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
– 1 16 ounce container of washed & chopped fresh organic strawberries
– 1/3 cup hardwood xylitol (not corn based)
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
Gluten Free Waffle Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth. Mix should be not too thick. Add more milk if needed.
2. Grease waffle iron with cooking spray and add mix until the surface is covered.
3. Cook until done and enjoy with toppings of your choice (pure maple syrup is always a great option!)
4. Leftover waffles may be frozen for a convenient quick breakfast toaster option.
Strawberry Sauce Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine xylitol and chopped strawberries.
2. Cook for 8-12 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Remove from heat when strawberries are soft and juices are extracted.
4. In a small blender, puree 1/4 – 1/2 of the sauce mix until you have a sauce with a consistency you like.