Crockpot Whole Organic Chicken
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are we can help! Call your nearest Wellness Way Clinic for more information and to get tested.
Total Time: 4-5 hours Makes: 1 whole chicken
– 1 whole, free range grass fed chicken
– 1 onion
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 teaspoon thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoons paprika
– 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Thaw chicken (if it was stored in the freezer) for 24 hours in refrigerator.
2. Combine dry ingredients in small bowl.
3. Loosely chop the onion and place in bottom of crockpot.
4. Remove the giblets from the chicken and place in crockpot.
5. Rub the spice mixture all over top of chicken.
6. Cover, place on high.
7. Cook for 4 hours on high, meat will be falling off the bone.
8. Use left over bones and liquid to make bone broth.